With an event of this size, we engage support from sports groups, volunteer groups, family groups and more who are fundraising for their causes or clubs etc.
These people are an important part in the planning and organisation to run a successful event and we just want to take the time to thank you all!
Blenheim Table Round Table
Havelock Bowling Club
Rai Valley LEO Club
Pelorus Garden Club
Pelorus Community Pre-school
Havelock Zumba group
Marlborough Faye Morris
Lions Club Havelock
Probus Rugby Club
During its twelve years on the Marlborough calendar, the Havelock Mussel & Seafood Festival has become well known for serving up a whole ocean of fun; but this year it’s going to be even better… Be prepared for a new revamped fun filled family day out! There really is something for everybody!
- For the Foodie – Need we say more? Everything about the Havelock Mussel and Seafood Festival shouts… “Eat Me”. The Marlborough Greenshell Mussel™ has held centre admirably for twelve years. This year he’ll remain the star of the show, but will be joined by a full line-up of local seafood ready to be showcased, by local celebrity chef, founder of the Kids Can Cook Kitchen and Hells Kitchen contestant and winner 2003, Chris Fortune.
- For the Wine Lover – It’s no secret that you won’t go hungry at the Havelock Mussel & Seafood Festival, and this year food stalls will incorporate recommended wine matches too… Cheers, bottoms up, santé, and all that jazz!
- For the Dance–Lover – Music equals dancing, go on…. Dance like nobody is watching, you know you want to!
- For the Littlies – While you enjoy the food, the wine, the comedy, the music and the dancing, your little cherubs can enjoy the NIWA Kid Zone. It will be a hive of activity with inflatables, face painting, mussel themed creative area and more!
The New Zealand King Salmon cooking marquee will feature an extended range of Marlborough produce and seafood showcased by your favourite celebrity chefs and paired with simply stunning local wine and beer.
We are currently in talks with some big name celebrity chefs. So whomever we secure will definitely be able to serve up a spectacular culinary event.
We welcome back to the New Zealand King Salmon cooking marquee Local celebrity chef, founder of the Kids Can Cook Kitchen and Hells Kitchen winner 2003, Chris Fortune, along with his Kids can Cook Kitchen helper, delighting you with fresh local ingredients and beautiful Marlborough Wines
Here are some more great reasons to attend the Havelock Mussel & Seafood Festival
- If you’re a local you’ll be helping your community. Since its inception, the Havelock Mussel & Seafood Festival has donated nearly $200,000 to local community groups and associations
- If You’re a visitor we’ll show you a great time. There’s something quite unique about Marlburian hospitality. There’s only one thing we love more than having a great time in a region that’s #brillianteveryday, and that’s helping our visitors have an even better time!
- It’s bigger and better than ever before. The day itself will include more food and craft stalls than previous years with many of the food delights matched with wine or beer suggestions.
- It cost less to attend than ever before. We know, we know…. We’ve just told you there’s more of everything, and yet it costs less… It doesn’t seem possible, but it is! As part of the organising committee’s commitment to provide a high quality yet great value event, prices have been reduced for 2016. But wait, there’s more… kids under twelve will be admitted free, (with an accompanying adult
This year the iconic Havelock Mussel & Seafood Festival now in its thirteenth year, has been refreshed for 2017. Whilst the familiar Marlborough Greenshell™ mussel remains the hero of this event, it has been joined by a full line-up of local seafood ready to be showcased by celebrity chefs and paired with simply stunning local wine and beer.
Once again the Mussel opening competitions will feature the internationally recognized Guinness Book of Records “Fastest 100” record breaking attempt. Plus there are a few competitions you can take part in yourself.
The New Zealand King Salmon Cooking marquee will feature a spectacular culinary event with local Celebrity Chef – Chris Fortune whom will reflect a Marlborough culinary Focus
The NIWA Kid Zone will be a hive of activity with inflatables, face painting, mussel themed creative area and more!
Are you 16years and under? Like to create things?
We haven’t forgotten about the children….
The NIWA KidZone will be a hive of actions for the kids with free entry to activities, competitions, face painting, shell decorating, bubble wand, colouring in ,and more brought to you by Barnardos.
Free fruit and popcorn.
Plus Adam Allsorts the clown and DragonUke that you can bring along your own Ukelele and strum along to the tunes. And PONY RIDES!
For the older children there is Laser Tag, a Climbing wall, and a Bungy Tramp.