2022 NMIT Festival Chef
The Havelock Mussel & Seafood Festival is proud to be partnering with local Nelson Marlborough Institute of Technology (NMIT) for the first ever 2022 NMIT Festival Chef cooking competition.
Scheduled to take place in the NZ King Salmon Culinary Tent at the 2022 festival on the 12th of March 2022.
This community cooking competition is open to all ages and all abilities, with the focus being on creating a Kai Moana dish highlighting NZ King Salmon and/or NZ Greenshell Mussels.
Two categories are open to the community to enter:
- Junior Competition (up to the leaving age of high school).
- Senior Competition open to all in the community including Tertiary Students, Industry Chefs and Home Cooks and all lovers of Kai Moana.
- Each contestant will have 20 minutes to cook their signature dish.
- Each contestant will provide their own equipment and ingredients.
- Each contestant will provide 2 portions (one for judging and one for photography).
- At the festival, the winner from each category will take out the “2022 NMIT Festival Chef” title and be awarded the annual trophy alongside a selection of prizes.
- Winners will be announced directly after the relative competition on the day.
2022 NMIT Festival Chef Application
- All applicants must complete and submit the REGISTRATION FORM and VIDEO prior to Friday the 18th of February 2022.
- Each applicant will submit a 3-minute cooking video. Applicants can create any Kai Moana dish they think best showcases their skills and demonstrates their personality, using New Zealand King Salmon and/or NZ Greenshell mussels as the key “hero” ingredients.
- The top 4 applications from each category will be invited to “COOK OFF” at the Havelock Mussel & Seafood Festival on Saturday the 12th of March 2022.
If you have any questions or queries about your application or the competition itself, please contact Kara on email@example.com.